Monday 6 January 2014

Aspirations for 2014


Evening all!

How are you all settling into 2014? 

I'm writing the cliché 'Welcome to 2014' post, but I thought I'd do it a little differently. I've never been that great with resolutions. I feel like the minute I make them I'm breaking them again and I always feel disheartened that I'm not able to keep them.

So this year I've decided that instead of thinking of things I want to change in my life, I'm going to write about things I would like to achieve this year!

Blog more.
I hate the fact that I'm writing this one, because I feel like every blogger has this on their list. But the reason I'm writing this one is because when I blog, I actually feel good and that I've accomplished something. I'm not even going to bother saying that I'll blog everyday, because I know right well I won't. So I'm going to aspire to write three times a week. That seems do-able in my head!

Speaking of my blog..
I should probably address the complete make-over its had. I've changed the name,look and feel of my blog and I'm so pleased. I finally feel that my blog is beginning to represent me more and I really think this will inspire me to blog more frequently.

Document things more.
This year is the year that I will take pictures more and journal more. The more I experience, the more I realise that when I'm older I'm going to want to look back on all the good and bad that I've seen in my life. I also read today about an awesome concept called 365grateful, where you keep a scrapbook and take a picture of one thing you are grateful for each day. I'm definitely going to start this soon, and will keep you updated possibly on a weekly basis on the pictures I take.

Travel
The summer of 2013 saw me travel to Boston, New Hampshire and South Carolina. This summer I want to explore a little bit more of Europe. I'm planning to travel back to Belgium for the third time to attend the amazing mixed genre, Dour. Florence, home of Ezio Auditore, is also a city I'm craving to explore.

Learn a new skill.
I'm a firm believer in the need to keep your mind active. Recently, I've been really digging the idea of cosplaying, and most cosplayers make their own costumes. Therefore, this year I hope to learn how to sew well and begin making my own costumes.

Say yes more!
In the past I've been notorious for backing out of events and opportunities. Partially because of fear but more so as a result of pure laziness. Towards the end of 2013 I improved, but I am determined to banish this laziness in 2014 and open my mind to anything that comes my way!

What are your aspirations for 2014?

Mucho love,

Sinead

x


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11551693/?claim=6khshkd9a7v">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

1 comment: