Wednesday 25 September 2013

One to watch - Virginie Villette

Recently, I attended the Vavavoom Fashion Roadshow in Galway with my friend from college (and blogger friend!) Shannen from All Things Fashion, in the Meyrick Hotel. Instead of doing a blog post about the whole event I thought I would talk about the designer who really stood out the most for me.


A self described "entrepreneur at heart", Virginie Villette or VV, had no official experience when she began drawing up her designs. After, she set off around the world in search for someone she bonded with who would make her designs for her. This search brought her to The City of Angel, Los Angeles, where she met a French woman, who brings VV's designs to life today.

For VV, fashion is about "exploration", which she is clearly doing in this collection, by mixing leather and silk together in many of her designs. The juxtaposition of these two fabrics together on the runway is breathtaking. 

It was no surprise to me when I found out that VV originally hails from the capital of chic and elegance itself, Paris. Her designs are clearly heavily influenced by Parisian ethos of less can be so much more.

In VV's designs, I found that the devil is in the detail. The little finishing touches on the garments are what give them their edge.Take for example La Robe Mao (pictured below), the simple illusion of an unbuttoned shirt and the leather collar tips give this piece subtle sexy appeal. A basic staple in any woman's wardrobe. 
(La Robe Mao)

La Veste Ballerine Dos (below), was perhaps one of my favourite pieces of the collection. Focusing on exposing the back, this top oozes sex appeal. It is also a nod to the 'biker chic(k)' that is bang on trend for Autumn/Winter.

La Ballerine Dos

I was thoroughly impressed with this collection and cannot wait to see what VV has in store for the fashion world in the future.

You can marvel at the entire collection here 
and
watch her interview with Vavavoom TV here.

Sinead 
x





1 comment:

  1. Hiya Sinead, just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, if you check out todays post on my blog you'll find a new set of questions to answer enjoy : ) xx

    ReplyDelete