Tuesday 17 September 2013

OOTD - Thrift Shop




Fur Coat - Vintage
Checked Shirt - Pull & Bear (last season)
Pleather pants - Bershka (last season)
Bag - TK Maxx
Boots - Penneys (Primark) - €22
Bowler Hat - Public Romance - €22

Hey Internet!

Today I really had the itch to blog. It started in the morning when I put this outfit together and I was pretty excited about it, and then throughout the day I just kept getting more and more inspired. Today I was channelling my inner Macklemore a la 'Thrift Shop'. While I was wearing a big ass coat, it was not from the thrift shop down the road. It was actually my great aunt's back in the day, and my goodness that woman had an eye for clothes. I found it in the guest wardrobe last night and had a little freak out to myself because I've been on the look out for a vintage fur coat for the longest time. That fashion higher being was clearly working his/her/it's(?) magic. It's so warm and cozy, which is perfect for the weather right now in Galway. It's absolutely miserable.

I was really showing off my A/W trends today, must be my inner fashion goddess being awakened by my new course. (If you didn't already know, I'm studying a one year Fashion Industry Practices course this year!). I bought the leather pants and shirt up in Dublin in the winter sales last year. I have to say though, these leather pants are probably my favourite item of clothing I own. I literally wear them to every occasion I can; nights out, college, coffee dates. If there's an occasion these can't be worn to, I don't even want to know. And the icing on the cake? I bought these for €9.99! (On a side note, I don't believe in this whole .99 pricing thing we got going on in this country. It is so pointless and wrecks my brain. Get it together Ireland.) Nevertheless, these pants are amazeballs. Yes, I just used amazeballs, don't judge me, it's appropriate right now.

Another item making a début on the blog is my lovely bowler hat. Up until I got this hat I had convinced myself that hats just didn't suit me. I used to avoid hat stands like the plague thinking my head was too big for them. Until one faithful day, I walked into a magical shop in town called Public Romance, where I was convinced to buy this beauty. From then on Sinead and the bowler hat lived happily ever after. The end.

The bag and the shoes are the same old same old. My trusty bag from TKMaxx and my boots from Penneys. I'm one of those people that when I find a bag or shoes that works with the majority of my wardrobe I will just wear them to death until they fall apart. Both are still going strong though, so let's hope they last until I find appropriate replacements!

There you have it. I think I should probably stop writing and get some of my coursework out of the way. I suppose this could be seen as course work in a sense. Expressing my thoughts through my clothes? No? No. This year it's actually nice to be excited about my college work. I get to look up fashion stylists and photographers and write about them. HASHTAG : Living the Dream! Okay I'm going now. Bye.

Sinead x


No comments:

Post a Comment