Tuesday 29 October 2013

What I'm loving : A/W Edition

Evening all!

Anyone that knows me, is well aware of my love for this time of year. Everything about the Autumn/Winter season just makes me so happy. This year, seems to be more exciting than other years so I just thought I'd share a few things that I'm loving about this Autumn/Winter so far!

Winter Hats
Before this year I had this anxiety towards hats. I used to avoid hat stands in shops like the plague. I was convinced that I could just not wear hats, ever. However, after an enlightening experience in Public Romance, I am all over the hat trend. 

Here are some of my favourites:

(Image sourced from Missguided)
(Image sourced from Asos)

Psst, there's a similar one to the hat above in Penneys at the moment. It's more penguin-like in features, and we all know penguins are so much better than owls. 

(Image sourced from Lazy Oaf)

Lazy Oaf's new line of clothing and accessories was inspired by the Looney Tunes. This is definitely one of my favourite picks from the collection. 
Daffy Duck, 
style icon since 1937.

Decorative Jewellery
This season, more is more, especially when it comes to jewellery. Chunky gold, big jewels and OTT earrings, someone is finally speaking my language. I feel like this season we're finally embracing the tack, and it feels so good. 
River Island and Penneys, are the front runners to get your hands on some fashionable tack. Both of their selections are to die for.

This is my favourite pick from the Limited Edition collection in Penneys:
(Image sourced here.)

Faux Fur
To me,
nothing says glamour more than a bit of fur, whether it be a coat, gillet, hat, you name it, I love it!
I already have a beautiful faux fur coat which was featured on the blog already here. But I'm on the look out (and have been for almost a year), for a fur coat with a hood to channel my inner Stark. Recently, I've seen a beautiful white one in TK Maxx, so I might just treat myself to an early birthday present.

White Hot Chocolate
This time of year is the only time I feel it's acceptable to drink hot chocolate, and if you're going to drink hot chocolate, you might as-well do it right.
The only way, in my opinion, is a white hot chocolate from Butlers.
If you haven't already tried one, do it the next time you pass. You'll never regret it.

Open Fires
Now, I don't know is it the culchie in me or what, but nothing beats coming home in the evening and sitting down with a cup of tea beside the fire. Absolute bliss.

What are your favourite things about A/W?

Hope you're having a wonderful Tuesday!

Lots of love,

Sinead

x






1 comment: